Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hostile Environment

We live in a beautiful mountin home in San Bernardino national Forest. We had improved and renovated plus 600 more square feet additional rooms. We had invested alot of money. However,We have two young daughters..that fears our safety. Next door to our house, (steps away) is a renter whom is very very irresponsible. Created trashes all over the place, washer and dryer outside (eye-sore), not maintain a healthy yard work. They drawn too many visitors and possibility a drug traffic... no evidence... Recently, we were gone on a family trip and returned home and discovered there was a break-in in my shed. Many of my carpenter tools, power tools were gone. Police came and filed a report. I need to know how to stop this and get them evicted due to hostile environment among with our children becuase they do cuss at 2am!

I tried to figure out who owns the house and Is there possible i can sue them??

Asked on 8/24/06, 12:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: Hostile Environment

From the limited facts given so far, you could have standing for a private nuisance lawsuit, especially if other neighbors are experiencing the same problems you describe, and the owner/managment company is not taking the necessary steps to alleviate the problem at hand. If you would like a free phone consultation, contact us today.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/06, 2:48 pm
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Re: Hostile Environment

If you are both tenants of the Forest Service you should confer with the local USFS leasing officer.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/06, 12:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California