Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

NO Hot Water

The boiler system went out in my apartment complex and so myself and 50 other units are without hot water. By the managements written admission we have been out of water for 4 days, and it will be out for another week at best. I can not fix this myself because we are on a central boiler system. I cant withhold rent because rent is due on the 5th - which is almost a month away. What can I do?

Asked on 11/13/06, 7:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: NO Hot Water

You could contact the local building department regarding the lack of hot water. The building department can refer you to the proper department to put a lot of pressure on the property owner. As I recall hot and cold running water must be furnished by the property owner.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/06, 9:02 pm

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: NO Hot Water

request a rent abatement. For prompt, affordable assistance in this matter, contact us directly for a free phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/06, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California