Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

What legal document(s) can I acquire to protect myself in transfer of ownership of a crypt?

I am willing to help out a friend in need regarding a burial of his brother. We came to the agreement that I will allow his brother to be buried in my, completely paid off, crypt in exchange for him giving a down payment of "X" amount towards and opening a new account for another crypt within the cemetery and when, only when, his newly purchased crypt is completely paid off will we both sign over the ownership of our respective crypts to the other. Is this possible? Is it even considered real estate or tangible property? If so, what legal document(s) do you recommend?

Asked on 7/19/13, 12:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I think there are special laws that govern this, so you may want to repost this in the category for probate. The best I can suggest is that this is done in writing, but there may be special rules governing the transfer of cemetery plots and crypts.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California