Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

A lien was placed on my home for and amount I dont owe to a contractor. What should to keep my home

Asked on 9/16/13, 11:37 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Consult with a lawyer in person who knows construction law. It is a very specialized area of the law and that means 1) don't try to deal with it yourself, and 2) get someone who really knows construction law.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 11:40 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. McCormick. It sounds as though you are dealing with a mechanic's lien. You will want to speak to an attorney familiar with that area of law. There are tricky rules involved in foreclosure of a mechanic's liens.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 11:47 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You'll have to file legal action to 'clear title' unless you can get the lien holder to voluntarily remove it.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California