Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My mother and father , recorded their grand deed in 2002, my father pass away in 2005, right after my father died my mom when to change it, but left it the same. Can she change it now? There is 13 of us as joint tennants. thank you

Asked on 3/25/16, 8:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

A change that was legally possible in 2005 is probably still possible today, but what kind of change? Recording a death certificate? And it would be fascinating to know how thirteen persons became joint tenants in the same's hard enough to set up a joint tenancy among three.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/16, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California