Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

If my mother who listed her home, is confused from her 2 strokes and im the p.o.a. can I stop the escrow from closing since terms of the escrow are not in her best interest to proceed with sale of property (not her main residency) ?

Asked on 12/28/16, 8:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Whipple Law Office

Probably not; in order to be legally incompetent to execute binding legal documents, more is required than "confusion" resulting from strokes. However, to be certain, you should immediately contact local legal counsel with expertise in the "elder law" specialty.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/16, 8:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California