Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hi, my neighbors have a rental house next door to me. They have a very steep paved driveway and rain water flows directly towards my property/house. This season 2022-2023 we have had abnormal amounts of rain in Santa Cruz, CA. I noticed today that water is seeping under the fence and going under my house where my hot water heater and central air is and also seeping into the bottom bedroom of my house. I'm VERY concerned about mold and the owners of the rental are very reluctant to do anything. They could put a French drain on their side which would help but they don't seem interested. Do I have ANY recourse? Thanks

Asked on 2/28/23, 7:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Your question is COMPLETELY site and detail specific. You need a local lawyer rather than an internet Q&A service. It sounds like you may or may not have recourse, so worth following up locally.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/23, 8:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California