Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My parents bought a house in 1987 with a loan from World Savings. Then refinanced in 1991 with another bank, and have since paid off their mortgage in full. Recently, they applied for a home equity loan and the title search revealed that World Savings never released the lien from the title. Since so much time as passed, and World Savings and Loan does not exist anymore, what can they do to clear the title? Is going through an attorney the only option?

Asked on 10/11/12, 9:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Don't be so upset about getting an attorney. There are statutory procedures to get a reconveyance, and request attorney's fees for having to go through the hassle. A competent real estate attorney in their area should be familiar with these procedures.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/12, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California