Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My parents marriage was dissolved on December 27, 2018 in Los Angeles County. The Family Home was awarded to my father before Trial on November 27, 2018 in a Stipulation and Order which my father, my mother, and my mothers attorney signed and filed the same day.

The Family Home was added to the Judgement and filed by the Clerk December 27, 2018.

My father recieved an email from my mothers attorney yesterday asking him to initial and sign and return documents by March 18, 2019 so that they can proceed with the sale.

We did find out my mother back in May 2018 signed a Deed of Trust and Assigments for Rents with her attorney (same one asking for my father to sign).

We checked right now and yes the Family Home has been put for sale, theres a few agencys that have posted it for sale.

My question would be how to stop the sale of the Family Home as soon as possible and find out what is going on or what we can do about this situation.

Asked on 3/12/19, 8:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You contact a local Family Law attorney immediately. Your situation is no place for internet Q&A solutions or self help. And I rarely say that.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/19, 8:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California