Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

In a real estate transaction a home purchase fell out of escrow. The cancellation was sent but the seller would not sign to give me my deposit back, Should I go to small claims court? mediation?

Asked on 4/29/13, 9:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

That depends on which of the boxes was checked on the CAR form (assuming you were using the standard form) and why the contract fell out of escrow.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 9:32 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. McCormick. The way you have presented it, it sounds as though you have breached the contract, in which case you are not entitled to your deposit back.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California