Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

How and where to report forgery of a signature and real estate fraud in riverside county, ca?

Asked on 6/26/13, 10:43 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. C. M. Brainard & Associates - (310) 266-4115

If you were defauded, your best bet may be to hire an attorney and initiate suit with a Lis Pendens and other procedural vehicles designed to protect you and preserve your rights. I am a real estate broker and litigation trained real estate attorney. Contact me for a free consultation -- 310.266.4115

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 4:05 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

It depends on the nature of the fraud. You should probably speak with a competent real estate attorney as soon as possible, as you may have remedies. Some frauds are reported to the DRE for licensing and discipline problems, others form the basis of civil suits that are subject to strict statutes of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 10:51 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Crimes are reported to police for prosecution by the DA office.

If you were 'damaged' financially by the forgery, then you may have a civil case. If so, feel free to contact me to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California