Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Can I get out of this residential purchase agreement and request the seller to pay back my deposit and fees associated with going through the purchase process such as inspection and appraisal fee? I was suppose to close on a purchase of a home in the state of California. When it was time for the seller to sign the grand deed, title officer discovered that one of the children deeded with the property is under age 18. Seller said they are going through a legal process to remedy this issue and push back closing date for three weeks. Seller and their agent have not been very communicative since then. So, at this point, can I get out of the contract and get my money back?

Asked on 7/30/13, 6:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Christian Rodi Pollock

It largely depends on the contract and what it provided. It is difficult to give you a generic answer without access to all the documents, including the conditions to your obligation to close.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 11:05 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I'd have to review the purchase and sale contract and escrow instructions to be able to give you any kind of definitive answer.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California