Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

I am the sole owner of my property. I want my wife to get the house if I die. I also want to avoid changing the ownership status with the title company. If I set up a Will with my wife as the person who gets the house, will that work? Also I live in California if that makes any legal differences. Thanks.

Asked on 10/03/12, 6:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

A will passes property upon your death. But wills can be expensive and time consuming to probate. I urge you to speak to an estate planning attorney. There are better ways to do this that don't involve title companies, and that have better tax consequences for you and your wife.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/12, 7:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California