Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

On July 2nd I was in a meeting with two of my managers they looked me in my eyes and called me a "cocksucker" right to my face. I felt intimidated and defenseless. I dread going to work now but I can't quit because I have a baby on the way and my wife doesn't make enough at her job to support us both with a child and our dog and cat. I live in Sonoma county California in the town of Sonoma. what can I do to stand up for myself? can I sue for anything?

Asked on 7/06/13, 2:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

Your manager's conduct was indeed outrageous, but I do not see anything that gives you a claim against either of them or against your employer.

The incident should be reported to your human resources department. You may also wish to consider looking for another job. Outside of working through the internal channels of your company, there is nothing you can do here.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 11:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California