Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

I am a minor who was raped by another minor. If for some reason the court case didn't go through or they were too lenient, I've been looking at other options to make him pay for his actions.

Could I legally publish his name and picture on the internet, saying he's a rapist? The police have a phone recording of his admitting to what he did. He has fully admitted to it. So I mean, it's not libel because it's TRUE, right? Would I be able to do that without any legal repercussions?

Asked on 6/15/16, 11:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adnan Bashir A B Choudry Law Firm

i wont suggest.


Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 10:37 pm

1) When the case is sub-judice, he is only an accused but not convict.

2) Legally u cannot term him a criminal till proved.

3) Too early to conclude the court will take lenient view.

4) If not satisfied with the verdict, u hv many a recourse.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 10:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California