Legal Question in Tax Law in California

Tax receipt for monies paid

I recently went to court as I was sued for non payment for tuition for my daughters school. I won in court and proved that indeed I did pay x amount of money for last year. I also won in court for 6 months that my daughter attended the school for 2003. Can I add the difference of the amount in 2002 receipt for this years taxes, it is right around 780.00. For 2003 the owner of the school has ignored my request for tax receipt for 6 months I paid for tuition. Do I need the receipt from the school or can I just use the tax Id from last year.

Thank you.

Asked on 1/05/04, 12:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: Tax receipt for monies paid

No, you would need to do an amended return for 2002.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/04, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California