Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

What is the charge for leaving the scene of a traffic accident?

Asked on 3/27/12, 8:37 am

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Roberts Roberts Law Group

This is a serious charge- a violation of 20002 of the vehicle code. It can be a felony- especially if someone was injured or a misdemeanor. It can carry jail time; probation; fines and restitution to the victim. It also adds points to your DMV record. You need an attorney to deal with this. Sometimes this can be resolved without any criminal charges. Call me with any questions.

Andrew Roberts

Read more
Answered on 3/27/12, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California