Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

a judge sentenced me to traffic school which I did not do. The case went to collections. Can the same judge, or another judge sentence me to community service because I don't have the money.

Asked on 2/21/13, 10:37 am

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward McCutchan Sunderland | McCutchan, LLP

It is within the court's discretion that if you cannot pay the fine for your traffic ticket that you can be ordered to do community service in lieu of the payment. However, such is in the court's discretion.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/13, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California