Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I am attempting to buyout 1/4 of a residential property that is under probate. I own 1/2 of it and the other half owns by my mother. Her will says all assets are to be evenly distributed between my brother (executor) and I. I was thinking of buying him out after distribution because it is more safe. However, I received a letter from his lawyer threaten me to sell it now or he will package partition with the probate. Because I know nothing about the progress of the probate I don't want to jump in blind-folded. I need some advice on how to proceed to protect myself because I could not find any information on the progress of the probate, and afraid such offer is a trap.

Asked on 9/12/22, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You need a lawyer. Your issues are far beyond the help of a free internet Q&A service. As an heir you have a right to know about the probate. You also are about to get sued if the lawyer follows through with what he said he will do.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/22, 11:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California