Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I became a beneficiary of a family trust with 3 other relatives in Nov 2012. I am a part owner of an apartment complex. I asked the trustee and her attorney if I should be receiving income from the apartment complex? Neither will respond to my question. Should I be receiving monthly income from the complex, and does the trustee have to answer my questions?

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:13 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Gary R. White Burton & White

The trustee must abide by the terms of the trust. What does the trust document say about this issue?

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 4:28 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I'm also curious as to whether the apartment complex is owned by the trustee with named beneficiaries, or whether the trust has concluded and the beneficiaries were deeded the property as a tenancy in common.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 2:43 pm
Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

The part owner certain can make a demand for an accounting, and if no repsonse, obtain probate litigation counsel to file a petition into probate court if the accounting is not forthcoming or is poorly prepared, without sufficient supporting documentation or explanation.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California