Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

In California, husand dies. Has only separate property. Has a new wife and adult children.

How is his estate divided?

Asked on 10/07/17, 4:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

If the husband failed to prepare a new Will after remarrying, then the current wife is an omitted spouse and will have rights to his separate property. I would need all the facts to know the exact percentage. She may have other rights as well. You should meet with a Probate attorney to go over all documents and facts to get a full answer. I'd be happy to assist.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/17, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California