Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

name change

I have a minor child, will be 18 in March. She wants to change her last name. There is a father that live in Las Vegas, she lives with her Mother and I. Do we have to wait until she is 18 to start the procedure? Do we have to wait until after she is 18 to run the newspaper ad locally without notifying the biological father?

Asked on 2/02/06, 12:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Field Donald L. Field, Jr., Attorney at Law

Re: name change


Read more
Answered on 2/06/06, 7:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California