Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What di I do if my sister left no will? She has 2 children who are fighting over her estate. What can I do?

Asked on 3/13/13, 12:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Hong Shen Roberts Law Group

The estate belongs to her children, 50-50. That is called intestate distribution. There is nothing you can do, unless the children in which case a court will appoint guardians ad litem.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 12:18 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

The only possible step you could take is to have an administrator appointed to the estate, who can essentially referee the dispute between the two children. This, however, is often a thankless job, and it is not clear that the court would favor you as the administrator as opposed to one or both of the daughters.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California