Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

How do I discover the law firm that created my parents non revocable trust in Orange Co. CA?

Asked on 12/05/17, 11:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Check the name of the notary on the CA state bar website- many attorneys do their own notarizing. Was any real property transferred to the trust? If so, the law firm's name might appear at the top of the deed in the section for "Mail recorded deed to:" If you know when the trust was executed and have access to your parent's financial records, you can look for a check made out to a law firm around that time. If you have a lawyer, he or she may be able to request the Orange County bar association to send an email to its members asking if any local attorneys represented your parents (if you are the successor trustee.)

Read more
Answered on 12/05/17, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California