Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father just died and left no valid will (it was not witnessed or notorized). In it he left everything to me. He has been estranged from my step mother for more than 20 years and living in a different state but they never divorced. Is she still entitled to his estate or will it go to probate to be split amongst surviving family? Is there any recourse for me as his daughter and only blood relative? My step mother lives in California and my dad in New York. I am in Canada.

Asked on 7/26/17, 10:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

You need a New York lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/17, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California