Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I dont know what to do. My father left a very large trust in ca. First trustee after a year of doin nothing quit. I also have special needs and my faher did everything for me.

Asked on 11/24/21, 12:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Hire a lawyer in the county where your father lived.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/21, 12:37 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

You need to speak with a lawyer about your situation. Give the lawyer a copy of the trust document, and ask him or her any questions about your rights to distributions.

The lawyer need not be in the county where your father resided; many lawyers work statewide, and the more important consideration is that you trust the lawyer to do what is needed and at a reasonable price. Your county bar association may be able to provide referrals. You can search the web for lawyers who handle trust problems, and you can reach out to lawyers here on LawGuru. Friends and family members may also provide referrals.

If you are on good terms with the trustee, then reach out to the trustee and ask any questions you have. You can do this before speaking with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/21, 1:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California