Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father passed away in Feb 2017. His wife of five years (3rd wife) has all of his personal affects from his home in her garage/home. Do his children or the children from his 2nd marriage have any legal recourse/right to be able to go through the items?

Asked on 10/12/17, 12:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

Did your father have a Will or Trust? If not, then there would be intestate rights that might need to be sorted out. Otherwise, the terms of the Will or Trust would be controlling on how he wanted those items distributed. You should consult with an attorney to review the specific details of your situation.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/17, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California