Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father passed with a will naming beneficiaries for his assets. He named one daughter as the executor of the will. My dad has been gone for nine months and she will not to let anyone have a copy of the will. Can you tell me how to proceed to get a copy of the will and disbursements of his assets? Thank you.

Asked on 5/30/21, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Check to see if it has been filed in the Superior Court of the county where your father resided. If not, you should get a lawyer to write a letter to your sister. (How do you know she is the executor if you don't have a copy of the will?)

Read more
Answered on 5/30/21, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California