Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father willed to me a piano prior to his passing in 2006. My older sister has kept the piano and is refusing communications to get the piano to me. (It is at her house due to the fact that my father lived with her a few years before he was moved to a home). Armed with a copy of the will-What would be the best option for me? Can I take the cops with me? or with this be a court matter?

Asked on 8/11/09, 1:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry L. Doan Law Office of Larry L. Doan

This would be a probate court matter. The court can then make an order forcing your sister to release possession of the piano to you. If she resists the order, she will be in contempt of court.

Larry L. Doan, Esq.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information only and should not be construed as legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established through payment of consideration. We do not offer free advice except for the information provided herein on LawGuru which has been screened. If follow-up advice on your specific situation is desired, we offer a paid consultation in person if you are in the Los Angeles area, or by phone or email.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/09, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California