Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father's second wife has not provided me a copy of my father's Irrevocable Trust, and it's now about 85 days after his passing. I would like to see the Trust, and am planning to send a legal letter to the wife to request a copy. The legal letter template I'm using, in the last line, requests: "a true copy of the Trust, and any amendments, on or before [INSERT DATE 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER]." Since it in now much past the 60 days within which I should have been provided a copy of the Trust, and the 120 day period for contesting the trust is imminent, what should I insert in that last line of the letter? Should I ask for the trust "immediately" or "as soon as possible" or state a date a week or two away, or something else? Thank you

Asked on 5/24/21, 6:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

There's not "right answer" but I'd give her 2 weeks. Of course, it's an empty threat unless you hire a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/21, 8:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California