Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What form should I use to change agents on both a financial and health care durable power of attorney. Thank you.

Asked on 9/03/13, 1:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Christian Rodi Pollock

Execute a new power of attorney, revoking the old one, if that is what is intended. If the old one was recorded, you need to take further action to revoke it. Execute a new California Advance Health Care Directive. The California Medical Association provided a form that is acceptable.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 1:54 pm

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

You are advised to seek the assistance of an estate planning lawyer to prepare those forms you are asking about correctly; I have seen situations where individuals who prepare their own forms, make serious mistakes, and the documents are then worthless, when the time comes to exercise the powers provided by forms such as a power of attorney or advance healthcare directive.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 3:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California