Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My friend has asked me to be trustee of his father's will. The lawyer is asking me to pay fees for changes documents and a MOU. Is the normal? I live in California.

Asked on 5/08/20, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Palley Meissner, Joseph, Palley & Ruggles, Inc.

Assuming his father is still alive and you aren't being called to duty now I am not sure why there would be a charge to you. That seems unusual to me. If you did not hire the attorney (in writing or orally if under $1,000) then I would probably not pay. Or I would at least ask for clarification on why you are being charged. Good luck. -John Palley

Read more
Answered on 5/08/20, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California