Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

How do I handle Mom's begin a small estate distribution with only a copy of her will?

Asked on 9/29/13, 4:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

If the value of the estate is under $150,00, you (together with the other beneficiaries, if any) can provide the financial institutions with small estate affidavits (Probate Code Section 13100). You will also need death certificates.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 7:12 am

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

I agree with Michele Cusack; however you will also need to have personal identification of each of each beneficiary, in addition to the documents mentioned by Ms Cusack, plus bank may also have you complete their own bank approved affidavit.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 2:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California