Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I have a judgement against me .I am about to receive a inheritance .anyway to keep it away from judgement .been to court years ago but they won and have continued it.

Asked on 4/10/18, 12:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

If the inheritance is trough a Trust, some trusts give the Trustee authority to withhold distribution to avoid having it go to your creditors. If the inheritance is a distribution from a Probate, then it gets a lot more difficult. You should meet with an attorney to go over the specific facts of the inheritance and the judgment to see what your options are,

Read more
Answered on 4/10/18, 1:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California