Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

there has been no legal probate ,My sister left a will and named 4 siblings to inherit her mobile home and me and my sister to inherit all items in the house My sister died on feb.8th A week later I received a letter from the attorney my sister retained ,this attorney soley represented my sister ,no other paper work or forms have been sent out to anyone besides my sister .I have tried numerous times to find out what was going on ,she refused to disclose anything to me ,I was told before that when my sister hired her attorney that this is called beneficial representation ,the mobile home is worth $58,000.00 and she has debt of $5,000.00 and the realtor is cost is $8,000.00 .I just don't think it right that this attorney refused my questions and to disclose anything to me not until I told her that I was not going to pay her fee other than the sale of the house ,now the four of us siblings are not even communicating

Asked on 6/12/13, 12:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

You are advised to obtain independent legal counsel to obtain appointment to represent you mother's estate for purposes of sale, and division of the proceeds. Your sister has no legal authority to moperate on behalf of the estate.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 1:02 pm

William Christian Rodi Pollock

You do not advise who is named as the executor of the will. Is it your sister? Do you know? It would seem that if you are not getting information that you should engage counsel to assist.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California