Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I have a legal question. Currently, my parents are paying my rent and also give me money for their care. I am going to become the power of attorney.. Wil this cause an issue if my mother got to the point that I had to take over for her?

Asked on 7/20/21, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Yes. That's good issue spotting on your part. It is illegal for a holder of a power of attorney to use it to benefit themselves. That could jeopardize the support you are receiving.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/21, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California