Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

legal recourse with trustee /attorney

If a client has proof of counselor and trustee withholding funds from

beneficiary, can the police do anything if reported? If not, what can be done since money was depleted by said attorney. I'm talking about breech of trust and other borderline criminal things. things. (Scandalous Los Angeles)

Asked on 2/16/09, 4:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Linden Scott H. Linden, Esq.

Re: legal recourse with trustee /attorney

I'm not sure the Police will do anything about it, they would probably tell you it is a civil matter and not a criminal one.

If you have documentary evidence, we may be able to assist you. Obviously, without seeing the trust and the documents, I can not give you an opinion, especially on a public forum, but if you would like to contact me at the email address provided by LawGuru or through our firm's site,, we can discuss this further and see what, if anything, we can help you with.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/09, 6:46 pm
Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: legal recourse with trustee /attorney

You could try writing to the district attorney, the L.A.D.A. has a unit just to go after fraud by officers of the court. But a private attorney might be a better option.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/09, 4:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California