Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother has had dementia for a long time, I was recently told by a family member that she was supposed to have had an inheritance from her grandmother, It has been quite a few years since she passed away. as far as I know there was never any contact made at that time, as I said my mother had dementia was and living in a care home at the time, and I was living out of state. Can I contact the courts in the county her grandmother lived in and get a copy of her will?

Asked on 10/17/19, 8:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

Only if a probate action was filed, or if the will was "lodged" with the court.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/19, 9:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California