Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother died almost a year ago to date i have never been notified i found ot in a rond abot way my mother had property and monies in the bank i hear i havent been contacted cause they dont know where i am this is a bunch of bull ive called my brother but cant get ahold of him im sure theres a will if not am i still entiled to something?

Asked on 5/15/13, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

You are advised to contact a probate attorney in the area where your mother died to investigate whether your mmother had assets and maybe file a petition into probate court on your behalf; a petition to probate may have been filed already. If the latter is the case, then the lawyer can fle a claim on your behalf or determine, if there was a will that includes/excludes you re your mother's estate if any.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 6:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California