Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother is only trustee of her living trust. she is very old and i would like to be a co signer of the trust to take over her paperwork and banking. do i need to amend the trust to do that.

Asked on 3/20/17, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

Since this is your mother's trust, she needs to be the person who hires an attorney to amend her Trust, assuming she still has mental capacity and assuming she wants you involved with her affairs. The Trust may also have a provision for having the named successor trustee take over if she becomes incapacitated (usually requires a doctor's letter, sometimes two). Are you the named successor? I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/17, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California