Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother's trust list my brother, who now lives in another state, and me together, as the people who need to act for her if she were unable to act for herself. How can we amended her trust to give permission for any two of her four children the right to act for her. Also, at her death the trust states that all four of us must act together. We would like to change that to read that any two of us can act together for the all of us.

Asked on 2/03/14, 8:00 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

It is up to your mother, not you and your siblings. If she wants to amend her trust, she should consult and attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 8:27 am
Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

Agree with Michael Cusack; suggest you take his advice.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 10:10 am
William Christian Rodi Pollock

It is simple to amend the trust if your mother wants to. It is up to her, not you or your siblings. She needs to discuss that changes with her counsel.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 11:28 am
Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

However, when your mother dies, if you do not all want to act as Co-Trustees, one or more of you may resign.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California