Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

To Mr. Anthony Roach----

Mr. Roach, first of all I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your answers and opinions. Your expertise has opened my eyes and has given me clues on where I should proceed with some of my issues. Thank you again!

A while back I asked a question on "how to get my complete file from my previous attorney". You see, my attorney made a lot of errors in my case and if I can obtain my complete file, I believe I can resolve a lot of issues. My attorney will not comply with me, one night someone threatened me by calling me and telling me I would go to jail if I did not leave this attorney alone. I am scared, I didn't know what I could do without causing any trouble. You answered my question by telling me I should call the State Bar and they would get a hold of my attorney and make her comply with me. Could you please give me the phone # where I can actually speak with someone about this problem? Again, thank you for your time and expertise and when I finally get my problem resolved, I will send you some money for your help, respectfully, JC

Asked on 6/23/11, 8:35 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

google State Bar of California

Read more
Answered on 6/23/11, 8:46 pm

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

Calling the attorney is not a criminal act; if you threatened her, that could lead to criminal charges. Check on the Bar site if she is suspended from the practice of law.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/11, 9:10 pm
Eliz. C. A. Johnson Eliz. C. A. Johnson

Read more
Answered on 6/24/11, 8:30 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

The attorney complaint hotline is: 1-800-843-9053

As you can see from the number of responses, there are several ways of getting in contact with the State Bar. I think I can speak for a number of attorneys who are members of the Lawguru network, to state that we do not condone the behavior of an attorney who refuses to release a client's file or property to the client upon the client's request.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/11, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California