Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What is the procedure(cheapest way)to place a lien on a private residence?

Asked on 6/13/13, 3:21 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You have to either file a lawsuit and get a judgment, or have consent from the person who owns the property you are placing a lien on. That's it. There is no cheap easy way.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 3:22 pm

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

Mr. Roach is correct, and trying to place the lien yourself may risk no lien being placed on the house at all.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 4:52 pm
William Christian Rodi Pollock

Have the owner sign a mortgage or Deed of Trust.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California