Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

two sister ,both deseased names are Hermida and Mary. both sisters owned a mobile home Hermida died 30 years ago she had no will. Mary died 2013 and she had a will ,she left her property to 4 siblings ages 87,80,77,73 .one sibling retained an attorney consulting no one she also hired a real estate agent to sell the property.the property is worth $50,000.00 (an old home)or less .. the problem in order to sell the property all of Hermidas reletives have to be located this will take some time ,Hermida never married and had no children But she has lots of nephews and nieces ,All of Hermidas estate has to be divided amoung them.Mary now owes on her rent that is $700.00 per month not including late fees and she has persona ldebt as well ,by the time this Estae is settled there is going to be a small amout.For this reason I want to dis in herit myself from Mary will she named me as one of the inheriters ,also Mary has no executor as they are both deseased as well can I get out of this will at my age its imperative that I find a legal way to resolve this headache.

Asked on 4/15/13, 12:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

ROBERTA AVRUTIN Roberta Avrutin Law Offices

I suggest you might want to contact the Office of the Public Guardian in your county. That office might be willing to handle this for you. Secondly, if your own income is very limited, it is possible that a non-profit legal aid foundation will help you AT NO CHARGE.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 4:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California