Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My sister passed away how do I prove I'm her next of ken

Asked on 9/23/13, 10:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Rouse Meissner Joseph & Palley

The answer depends on the reason why you need to prove you are her next of kin. You may have to file a petition for probate if she resided in California or you may have to prepare a small estate affidavit or declaration if no probate is necessary.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 8:57 am

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

Jennifer Rouse is quite correct.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California