Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My son is one of the Beneficiaries of my IRA Acct. After my death he is to receive all of that money in cash. Are there any legal options for me to have that money distributed to my son over a long period of time.

Asked on 2/25/20, 1:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Yes, you can set up a special trust for the proceeds to be distributed for up to 10 years (it used to be longer, based on beneficiary's life expectancy but a new law is in effect this year.)

Read more
Answered on 2/25/20, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California