Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Status Report

I am the administrator of an estate in Los Angeles County. The court has requested that I file a Status Report per Probate Code Section 12200, or a Petition for Final Distribution. I need some more time to finish selling a piece of real property and my question is, ''What does the Status Report look like?'' Is is on standard court lined paper and does it take the form a petition?

Asked on 6/29/03, 4:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: Status Report

You probably need the help of an attorney to wrap this up. It is not as easy as it seems.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/03, 6:51 pm

Chris Johnson Christopher B. Johnson, Attorney at Law

Re: Status Report

I'd recommend the help of an attorney with this one--the court wants to make sure there are valid reasons the probate is still open, so you want to please it on your first attempt.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/03, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California