Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What's subject to probate

My father's will states ''I give al my clothing, jewelry, household furnishings,

personal automobiles, and other tangible articles of a personal nature not

otherwise specifically disposed of by this Will or in any other manner, together

with any insurance on the property, to my daughter (me) if she survives me for

thirty (30) days.''

His mobile home is paid for and registered with DMV and is personal property -

is that covered by the above section of his will as going directly to me?

Asked on 2/08/06, 6:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: What's subject to probate

First of all, it depends on the size of his estate. If it exceeds $100,000, it must go through probate. If less than $100,000 there are some administrative things that need to be done to change title. Whether or not a mobile home would be included in the term "tangible articles of a personal nature" is subject to debate, and may not be one of the items willed directly.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/06, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California