Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

After 3 weeks off work due to worker's compensation injury, do I have to return to work without work restrictions if I disagree with my doctor's diagnosis and treatment and am currently seeking a second opinion from another doctor?

Asked on 7/09/13, 1:13 pm

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

You can seek a second opinion. However, you might be visiting one shark tank after another. I might be able to help you avoid another defense doctor if you allow me to give you a free consultation. My telephone number is, 877.505.INJURY (4658).

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 2:19 pm


You should change your doctor immediately and choose a doctor who is more injured worker oriented. You may have to go through a AME/QME process for an independent review to be able to settle your case. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California