Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

My brother is out with a workman comp settlement in the work. He has no were to live and can not get ahold of his lawer. He is in s.california while the rest of his family and emotional support system is in idaho. If he moves will that negatively affect his situation or can they move his appointments and switch his legal aid to professionals here?

Asked on 4/24/12, 7:47 pm

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronald Mahurin Law Offices of Ronald Glenn Mahurin

He can get treatment outside California. However, the physician will have to follow California rules and regulations regarding treatment, and most importantly will not be able to bill over the Official Medical Fee Schedule for comp payments and this will make it exceptionally hard to find an out of state physician who will accept treatment.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 8:13 am


Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California